Guided walking holidays Austria Salzkammergut
7 nights, luggage transfer, tour book, guide, ....
"There is no more beautiful country in our time…" an old popular folk song says. Well, no other landscape may take this folk song as literally as the Austrian Salzkammergut. It certainly belongs to one of the special treasures of this world. The uniqueness also was recognized by the UNESCO and the region Hallstatt was awarded the predicate of natural and cultural heritage. Some special gems only can be reached on foot – a treat on this walking tour.
Day 1 – Individual arrival at Abersee/Wolfgangsee
Day 2 - Abersee - Ferry to St. Wolfgang - St. Gilgen - Boat to Abersee
By boat to St. Wolfgang. Along the high walk to the Falkenstein wall – we enjoy the view on the lake. The idyllic Fürberg walk along the lake brings us to the Mozart village St. Gilgen. Return by boat.
- Distance: 10,5 km, Walking hour: 4 hours, Up 354 meters Down 354 meters (back to lake level)
Day 3 - Abersee - Ferry St. Wolfgang - Lake Schwarzensee - Strobl - Bus to Bad Ischl
By boat to St. Wolfgang. Along the Sattel (saddle) walk to the lake Schwarzensee, where Madame Lore of the lake hut waits to treat you with local specialities. Down into the valley by a gorge and round about the Bürglstein to the lake promenade in Strobl. By bus to the Emperors town Bad Ischl.
- Distance: 11,8 or 15,5 km (around a little lake), Walking hour: 5,5 hours, Up 395 meters Down 395 meters (back too lake level)
Day 4 – Resting day in Bad Ischl
Visit the Emperors villa, Café Zauner or the hotel Austria, where once upon a time the engagement of Emperor Franz Josef and Elisabeth of Bavaria (the Sissi of the famous film …) took place.
Day 5 - Bad Ischl - Bad Goisern along the brine-pipeline trail
Salt always has been an important raw material of the Salzkammergut. Along the promenade in the river Ischl on the brine-pipeline walk to the world cultural heritage Bad Goisern.
- Distance: 10,5 km, Walking hour: 4 hours, Up 260 meters Down 180 meters
Day 6 – Bad Goisern - Lakeside Trail - Hallstatt - Ferry/Train back to Bad Goisern
You will follow the lovely lakeside trail to the railway station Hallstatt where you take the ferry to Hallstatt. Enjoy the World Heritage Side of Hallstatt witht the salt mountain, view point or a rest at the lake (old salt mine – since the Celtic times). By boat we cross the lake and return to Bad Goisern.
- Distance: 14,5 km, Walking hour: 4,5 hours, Up 455 meters Down 90 meters + cable car
Day 7 – Bad Goisern - Train to Bad Ischl - Lake Nussensee - Strobl - Abersee/St. Wolfgang
By train to Bad Ischl. Along the Elisabeth-walking path to the idyllic little lake Nussensee and than along the river Ischl to Strobl. On the lake through the Blinkling moor to Abersee (beautiful view to St. Wolfgang, Schafberg and the lake)
- Distance: 19,5 km (the tour can be shorten by coach or boat but so far all clients made the whole day), Walking hour: 6 hours, Up 210 meters Down 140 meters
Day 8 – Individual departure or extended stay
- 7 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- group offer (suitable for groups)
- 7 nights in 3 and 4 star hotels
- Boat fares on the lakes Wolfgangsee and Hallstätter See as per programme
- Train fare Hallstatt – Bad Goisern and Bad Goisern – Bad Ischl
- Salzkammergut Card (Reduction on more than 100 attractions)
- Tour book per room
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- 5 guided walking tours (English speaking guide)
Arrival/Departure from Lake Wolfgangsee. Please take e.g. bus # 150 from Salzburg to Lake Wolfgangsee
Guided Group Tour: September 30, 2023
Participants: Minimum clients 4 persons
Euro 975,- per person in double room, guided tour
Euro 1.080,- per person in single room, guided tour
- ARBÖ member
- ÖAMTC Member
Euro 100, - (max 20%) per person deposit after receipt of the booking confirmation. The balance is due no later than 20 working days before arrival. After receipt you will receive by mail your hotel list and arrival information.
The tour guide is on the 2nd day at 09.00 clock in the start hotel and has all the information.