Cycling and Walking Holidays in Austria Salzkammergut
- 8 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 8 nights in 3 hotels with half board
- Luggage transfer
- Cycle transfer on walking days
- Mount Krippenstein all inclusive ticket (3 x cable car, guided tour in the ice cave and mammoth cave)
- Salzkammergut Card (Reductions on over 100 attractions)
- Ferry Hallstatt incl. cycle
- Ferry Abersee – St. Wolfgang
- Walking and cycle tour book and leaflets from the region
- 04.05.2019 until 18.10.2019
Day 1: Arrival Lake Wolfgangsee
Overnight lake Wolfgangsee
Day 2: Walking Schwarzensee
By ferry to St. Wolfgang. Along the Sattel (saddle) walk to the lake Schwarzensee, where Madame Lore of the lake hut waits to treat you with local specialities. Down into the valley by a gorge and round about the Bürglstein to the lake promenade in Strobl. Afterwards you will follow the nice lakeside walking trail back to the peninsula of Abersee (or take the boat). Overnight lake Wolfgangsee.
• Distance:15,5 km, 4,5 hours to walk, + 354 meters and – 354 meters
Day 3: Cycling from Lake to Lake
Today you will cycle along lake Wolfgangsee to the Mozart village of St. Gilgen. Afterwards you will cross over to Lake Mondsee where you can visit the wedding church from the Movie Sound of Music in Mondsee. Along the Lake Mondsee (moon lake) you will cycle to the biggest lake in the Lake district to Lake Attersee. Overnight Attergau.
• Distance:40 to 55 km. There will be on ascent for about 2,5 km or you take the little local train for about 10 minutes.
Day 4: Cycling from Lake Attersee to the Emperor city of Bad Ischl
Slightly hilly will be your cycle day today. You will pass little villages and with farm houses on your tour to Lake Traunsee. Enjoy the lovely lakeside city of Gmunden with the water castle. Afterwards follow the cycle trail along the lake till Ebensee where you can take the train to Bad Ischl. If you like you may take the boat from Gmunden to Ebensee. Overnight Bad Ischl
• Distance: 45 and train to Bad Ischl or 65 km to Bad Ischl. One steeper ascent at the beginning (100 meters of altitude) and little ascent between the lake Attersee to Lake Traunsee. Flat along the lake Traunsee till Bad Ischl.
Day 5: Walking from Bad Ischl to Altaussee/Bad Aussee
Nice little walk along the brine pipeline trail to the salt mountain in Altaussee. You will follow the mountain road deep into the Rettenbach valley and afterwards you will walk over alpine pastures to Altaussee. Overnight Altaussee/Bad Aussee
• Distance:18 km, 5,5 hours to walk, + 450 meters and – 200 meters
Day 6: Cycling from Altaussee to Hallstatt
Follow the cycle trail to the romantic city of Bad Aussee with it’s reach history of salt and artist. Afterwards you will cycle through the Koppen valley which is a nature reserve and if you like you may visit a cave along the trail. Along the Hallstatt lake to will cycle to the World Heritage Side of Hallstatt. Overnight Hallstatt (or Bad Goisern if necessary).
• Distance:30 to 42 km
Day 7: Walking in the World Heritage of Hallstatt
Discover the world heritage sides of mount Krippenstein with the famous ice cave and wonderful alpine walking trails on the plateau. Depending on your fitness you may choose between an easy round trip tour of 3 hours till up to 5 hours. In the background always the glacier of mount Dachstein. Overnight Hallstatt.
• Distance: 5 to 15 km, 3 to 8 hours to walk, + 250 to 1.500 meters and – 250 to 1.500 meters. Easy walking to alpine climbing!
Day 8: Cycling from Hallstatt to Lake Wolfgangsee
With the ferry you will cross lake Hallstatt and afterwards you will follow the cycle trail along the lake to Bad Goisern. Following the brine pipeline trail you will come to Bad Ischl where you take the former roman road to lake Wolfgangsee. Enjoy the last kms along the lake with wonderful views to St. Wolfgang and the mountain. Overnight lake Wolfgangsee.
• Distance:35 to 45 km
Day 9: Departure
Daily arrival from May 3rd till October 20th, 2013
Take the change and see the lake and mountain district from the valley and mountain. Wonderful views, exciting experience and wonderful sights to visit.
What could be more enjoyable than biking on the shore paths of the lakes and to let the soul 'flow' in a wonderfully unspoilt countryside? A tour through the Salzkammergut shows you the World Heritage Side of Hallstatt, the Emperor city of Bad Ischl and wonderful lakes.
Your walking tours leads you up to little mountains where everything looks a little bit different than from the cycle. Take you time enjoy and visiting the famous sights as the Hallstatt salt mine, the Dachstein ice cave or the emperor villa of Bad Ischl.
Characteristic:Easy walking tours from 4 to 5 hours per day. You will follow mainly signed trail up to little alpine pastures and up to the plateau of Krippenstein mountain.
Euro 760,- per person double room
Euro 850,- per person single roomEuro 96,- per cycle rental
Euro 35,- per Welcome meeting
- Suitable for friends