Located in the center of the imperial city and only 200 meters from the train station or the bus terminal is the Trinkhalle.
In the immediate vicinity is the Catholic parish church and the historic post and telegraph office.
The historical and present importance of Bad Ischl as a health resort is architecturally impressively represented by the former Trinkhalle, which was built in 1829-31 as "Wirerbad", named after Dr. med. Franz Wirer, the founder of the Ischler spa and personal physician of the imperial family.
The "Soolenbadhaus" was designed by the Viennese architect Franz Xaver Lössl in 1828 in the form of a "Greek temple with a beautiful foyer." Twenty years later, it was seriously altered and extended. The central main entrance with the columns presented above 80 meters in length was used as a foyer for the spa guests, who completed their drinking cures here, and later as a stage for the spa music.The south wing with the bath cabins was demolished after completion of the spa center in the 50s of the 19th century.
After the Second World War, even the demolition of the entire building was discussed in order to create a spacious town square. However, this did not happen because the building was persistently defended by enthusiastic spa guests and culture-conscious residents. However, a renovation of the non-winter-resistant Biedermeier building was slow in coming. It was not until 2007 that this revitalization came after the municipality acquired the Trinkhalle from the state of Upper Austria and was able to adapt it as the central exhibition building for the 2008 state exhibition.
Today, the Trinkhalle no longer serves its former purpose and is now known as a "guest house" and has been firmly anchored in the life of the city through extensive use for cultural, tourist and social purposes.
The monument to the Ischl spa tradition shines in new splendor and is now the top location for your festivals. Glamorous gala, glittering parties, concert performances, exhibitions and much more. Celebrate in the imperial atmosphere which our guests have appreciated for decades.
The premises of the Trinkhalle can be individually adapted to your wishes.
Thanks to two detachable wings and the impressive entrance area, the Trinkhalle offers space for every type of event.
West Wing: 28,3 x 8,1 m (230 m²)
•Banquet - 152 People
•Lecture seating - 230 People
•Classroom seating - 110 People
•Standing room - 350 People
East Wing: 25,2 x 8,1 m (205 m²)
•Banquet - 136 People
•Lecture seating - 190 People
•Classroom seating - 100 People
•Standing room - 340 People
Foyer: 14,4 x 14,3 m (187 m²)
•Banquet - 40 People
•Standing room - 110 People
With maximum seating of the halls the foyer must be kept free. All wings with daylight. East and West Wing can be darkened.