Bad Ischl as small historic town
Bad Ischl is part of the Small Historic Towns. An organization of 16 towns in austria, where each town is charaterized by a special history which you can discover by walking through the streets.
There are many places in Austria where you can still feel the imperial atmosphere. But nowhere else can this special time in Austrian history be better felt than here, in the middle of the salzkammergut region. The hapsburg family selected Bad ischl to spend their summers and to find peace and quiet away from their duties at court.
What makes the Small Historic Towns stand out?
- Well-preserved historic townscapes
- Heritage buildings and landmarks
- Spectacular surrounding landscapes
- Scheduled tours with qualified guides
- Varied, high-Quality Events and shows
- Traditional weekly markets
- Traditional crafts in that you can experience first-hand
- Tourist attractions and experiences
- Lively cultural programmes
- Refined cuisine
- Unique shopping
- Medieval town charters
- Populations of less than 45,000
Travel Guide for the Small Historic Towns
More Small Historic Towns
See + Experience + Enjoy
- Baden bei Wien
- Bad Radkersburg
- Braunau am Inn
- Bruck an der Mur